Home

|
|
|
|
Irish Dancing in Germany :  Phorum 5 The fastest message board... ever.

Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Irish Dancers needed for performance in Bad Schlema in Germany, September 2011
Posted by: Hazel Mander (IP Logged)
Date: August 28, 2011 06:47PM

Hello,
I am the Chairperson of Dublin Concert Band (www.dublinconcertband.ie) based in Dublin, Ireland. We have been invited back, for a second year, to participate in the 14th European Brass and Wind Band Festival / 20th International Festival of Music in Bad Schlema, Germany (www.bergmannsblasorchester.de)from 16th-18th September 2011.

As we are an Irish Band some of our programme will feature Irish Music and we are looking for Irish Dancers to perform with our Band for 10-15 minutes on two nights Friday 16th Sept @ 19.30 and Saturday 17th Sept @ 22.00. I appreciate that we will not have rehearsal time before these performances but our Musical Director, Brendan Breslin, will forward recordings and all information on performances prior to this so that the dancers can learn a routine.

We require 2 or more dancers to perform with us and if you think that any of your students / contacts would be able to work with us I would really appreciate it if you could contact me and we could figure out the details.

We would be able to offer a small fee for these performances but the overall experience of dancing at a Festival of this size would be very valuable.

Some information on the Festival

The audience experiences around 60 nonstop-concerts each with a length of about 40 minutes in highest quality performed on two large stages in a heated tent with catering and 4,000 seats. Two parades with 1,000 participants frame the event.

20,000 music lovers from Germany and the neighbouring countries visit the European Brass and Wind Band Festival / International Festival of Music each year. The Festival is regarded as an established musical highlight, which has been included in the offers of many travel organisations.

I hope you can help us in our search for Irish Dancers and I look forward to hearing back from you very soon. Regards

Hazel Mander, Chairperson, Dublin Concert Band
www.dublinconcertband.ie
info@dublinconcertband.ie
+353 87 2861968

Re: Irish Dancers needed for performance in Bad Schlema in Germany, September 2011
Posted by: Robert (IP Logged)
Date: August 31, 2011 02:36PM

Wrote already to your e-mail addy yawning smiley)

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Confirmation code*:  You will need to recognize the text in this image.
Please enter the code from the above image:
Attach a file
  • Valid attachments: gif, jpg, bmp, doc, pdf
  • No file can be larger than 8MB
  • 4 more file(s) can be attached to this message
This is a moderated forum. Your message will remain hidden until it has been approved by a moderator or administrator
This forum powered by Phorum.