Home

|
|
|
|
Irish Dancing in Germany :  Phorum 5 The fastest message board... ever.

Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
world championship
Posted by: catherine (IP Logged)
Date: April 12, 2007 05:20PM

does wida hold there own world championship

Re: world championship
Posted by: dancer (IP Logged)
Date: April 12, 2007 08:04PM

don't think so,they are affliated wirth crdm who have an all-ireland of their own.e mail them and find out or your dance teacher could tell you. you seem to want to attend the worlds.

Posted by: Sean (IP Logged)
Date: April 24, 2007 11:11AM

Hi Catherine.,
No, we dont have a world championship as we have neither the size or standard to support Chanpionship of that magnitude. We are a newer organisation and are still establishing ourselves at the basic levels in Irish Dancing and having fun doing it. Competition is an important part of what we do but if fun is not part of the equation then its time to change course. Our partner organisation in ireland CRDM (www.crdm.ie) have been going a bit longer and have a higher standard as the championship results at the Europeans showed but the mainland Europeans are starting to do better in the competitions. The Ukrainian and Russian dancers did well and the German and Dutch dancers also placed well in the grades so we are proud of what we have achieved in a short time. The highlight of the Championships had to be the Show Competition which was won by the Keogh School from Dublin who did Thriller and 2nd was Doyle Halpin who did Circus. A different and fun competition.

Posted by: dancer_jono (IP Logged)
Date: May 30, 2007 03:42PM

hey, i don't actually live in mainland europe, but i think that the standard of dancing in WIDA is great, i have competed against a few dancers from the European mainland, and have to say i deffinately saw talent.
i think that in time it would be great if WIDA did hold a world championships, but as yet they don't.

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Confirmation code*:  You will need to recognize the text in this image.
Please enter the code from the above image:
Attach a file
  • Valid attachments: gif, jpg, bmp, doc, pdf
  • No file can be larger than 8MB
  • 4 more file(s) can be attached to this message
This is a moderated forum. Your message will remain hidden until it has been approved by a moderator or administrator
This forum powered by Phorum.