Home

|
|
|
|
Irish Dancing in Germany :  Phorum 5 The fastest message board... ever.

Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Oireachtas and Feis na Eorpa 2005
Posted by: Sean Kilkenny. TCRG (IP Logged)
Date: October 19, 2005 01:50AM

Hello to all,

This is to inform you that the second annual Oireachtas Rince na Eorpa will take place in Brabant, Netherlands during the weekend December 3 and 4. An Oireachtas Feis is the competition to decide those dancers that have the ability to compete with the best world wide. This will be decided by a panel of three An Coimisiun adjudicators. Its a huge achievement to qualify for the Worlds and I would like to wish all you dancers who are busy with preparations to work hard and your dream will come true! Dancers qualify from their respective regions and the mainland European region is busy putting final trimmings to this exciting weekend. The teachers association RTME are the organisors but the syllabus is ratified by the Oireachtas Committee in Dublin.
The World Irish dancing championships 2006 will take place in the magnificant Waterfront, Belfast from April 9 to the 16. Well worth a visit but you need to get accomodation fast. Usually this event draws in a crowd of about 10,000 people!

Alongside the World qualifiers event a Coimisiun Feis will also take place, called Feis na Eorpa and also run by our new teachers association ( now close on thirty). This years syllabus offers a wide range of competitions for all age groups and levels. Certainly the biggest syllabus offered to date by RTME. The main attraction this year is that Championships will be offered at all levels. The Irish dancing scene is now large enough on the continent to offer Championships as three adjudicators are required. So dancers if you are setting you goals high but do not want to take on the challenge of World qualifiers yet, you can always give it a go in the Championship.

In order to partake in this event you must be a pupil of a registered CLRG teacher and I would also like to take this opportunity to inform those of you who may be interested in becoming registered teacher with CLRG that this is still possible. Assessments for new teachers will take place this same weekend and if you are interested in this challenge then you can always drop me a line and I will foward you details to the Udaras Scrudaithe ( Examination Authority ) of CLRG.

So folks, if you would like to see and learn more about Coimisiuns activities on the continent then I recommend this weekend in December..... as well of course supporting our top European dancers as they give it their best in order to qualify for the Worlds.

All details will be posted in coming days details I will send to you Simon.
Thanks for your continued work on this great site.

Enjoy the dancin!
Sean Kilkenny Chairperson,
Registered Teachers Mainland Europe/ Commission of Irish Dancing.

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: 
Confirmation code*:  You will need to recognize the text in this image.
Please enter the code from the above image:
Attach a file
  • Valid attachments: gif, jpg, bmp, doc, pdf
  • No file can be larger than 8MB
  • 4 more file(s) can be attached to this message
This is a moderated forum. Your message will remain hidden until it has been approved by a moderator or administrator
This forum powered by Phorum.