Irish Dancing in Germany :  Phorum 5 The fastest message board... ever.
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
News,info, chat
Posted by: Sean (IP Logged)
Date: July 26, 2005 12:13PM

What is happening with the Irish dancing Community in Germany.?Have you all gone to sleep? No one seems to be talking or chatting or passing information. Has the interest in Irish dance fallen to such a low level that no one cares. Who is out there teaching and experiencing the problems that everyone experiences when they teach.Post and let everyone know who you are and where you are. We are not a secret society, let the world know of your existence

Re: News,info, chat
Date: August 16, 2005 08:45PM

I have been away for over two weeks on vacation and am shocked to discover upon my return that no one in Germany is interested in irish dancing - what happened ? I know I do not speak German and that this may have put some people off responding to the original post but what has happened to all of those who do speak English - Is irish dancing in Germany officially dead. Fortunately I personally know this not to be the case but why does no one ask questions or start a chat about ANYTHING involving Irish dancing. Who are you ? Where do you dance ? How long have you been dancing ? Do you dance both soft and hard shoe ? What music do you use ? Are you in a show team or do you just do it for fun ? ANY other questions?

Posted by: Simon (IP Logged)
Date: August 17, 2005 02:01AM

Hi Sean,

Lucky you to be able to go off on holiday ;-). I do hope it was somewhere warmer and sunnier than Germany. We had great hopes for August ourselves what with our stress in the last 12 months but there was to be nothing of it. All my plans for the site are still waiting to be implemented and my day job is already gearing up towards the deadlines in October. It will be no time at all before Aldi will be selling the Chocolate Santas again!

In terms of rest of the dancing community - I think that they are either
1: On holiday - do you really think that we would voluntarily stay in Germany with the weather this bad?
2: In hospital after taking part in all of the summer workshops - we have about double the amount of events this year compared to last year.
3: Working their butts off in their day jobs as they drew the short straw and have to work through August.

What ever - I am sure that things will pick up as the days become shorter and we all finally get around to answering the mails that have piled up over the summer months.

All the best,

Posted by: Christine (IP Logged)
Date: September 11, 2005 05:47PM

Dear Sean,

sorry to hear of your problems. Today my children and I have been to "Dance City" in Castrop-Rauxel. There was an open day, for everyone to take part in all sorts of dancing. Also Irish Dance and Irish Tap. There are enough people interested in it, so they will start lessons from Monday the12th of Sept. at 5:30. The teacher will be Sue, who I believe, you already met.
So now my children will take lessons there. It`s a mixed children/adult group.
Now I`ve got to find good and fitting tap shoes for my children. Any idea where I get decent shoes for narrow feet?
By the way, we know eachother from Nicole in Essen and we`ve also met before in Dortmund. You surely remember me.
Hope to hear from you soon.

Date: September 14, 2005 10:55AM

Hi Christine. Yes, I remember you. Good luck with the class. The best shoes I find for narrow feet are Fays. There are many vendors selling this brand. I would also suggest you go on to Ebay.com and look under Irish Dance* Very often you will find people selling the shoes on this site.

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Confirmation code*:  You will need to recognize the text in this image.
Please enter the code from the above image:
Attach a file
  • Valid attachments: gif, jpg, bmp, doc, pdf
  • No file can be larger than 8MB
  • 4 more file(s) can be attached to this message
This is a moderated forum. Your message will remain hidden until it has been approved by a moderator or administrator
This forum powered by Phorum.